11/16/2011

Launch/Rant

I'm just fucking fed up.  I'm fed up with the bullshit we're spoonfed incessantly about the wonders of the free market, and how deregulation and lower taxes will lead to job creation and economic recovery.  I'm fed up with having only two political parties that both serve the same interests and insulate themselves from outside attacks.  I'm fed up with people buying the notion that corporations deserve the same rights as people without having any accountability or responsibility.  For that matter, I'm fed up with corporations wreaking havoc on the environment, society, and the economy, and our stupid fucking elected leaders helping them to do it.  I'm fed up with the fact that wages haven't increased AT ALL for anyone other than the top 10% of people in this country over the past four-five decades, while those at the very top live in luxury completely unimaginable to the majority of us.

I'm fed up with people believing that capitalism is a beneficial economic structure for anything other than those who already wield hugely disproportionate amounts of power, money, and influence.  I'm tired of our tragic joke of a media that does more to support this raping of American than to stop it.  I'm tired of all the bullshit.

Fuck Capitalism.  It doesn't work for me, it probably doesn't work for you, and it sure as hell doesn't work for the majority of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment